WE ARE HIRING – Property Owners Scheme Underwriter
An opportunity has arisen to join our Bradford team as a Property Owners Scheme Underwriter. Please see details below and get in touch, via email below, if you would like to be considered for the role.
Property Owners Scheme Underwriter
Permanent position, can be full-time or part-time
- To assess commercial risks in line with underwriting guidelines
- To help retain and win Property Owners business
The following responsibilities and tasks are highlighted as the key areas determined within this role. The list however is not exhaustive. The successful candidate will be expected to undertake additional appropriate tasks, as required from time to time, to fulfil the role.
Main areas of responsibility/accountability:
A) To place risks as required, operating within the terms of the binding authority
Associated Tasks will include:
- Provide quality underwriting solutions to brokers
- Negotiate with brokers, assessing risk information to effectively underwrite risks
- Assist brokers with resultant enquiries following placement
B) To underwrite Property Owners Delegated Authority Scheme
Associated tasks will include:
- Providing brokers with any updates promptly regarding cases
- Preparation and issue of documentation in a timely manner
- Ensure bordereaux is kept up to date and issued to insurer at appropriate intervals
- Accurate and detailed records kept of policies underwritten and decisions made
C) To assist in the development of the Property Owners Delegated Authority Scheme
Associated tasks will include:
- Maintaining relationships with brokers
- Liaising with insurer to challenge standard underwriting authority per the Underwriting Guidelines and refer to insurers for ratings for non standard business
- A thorough understanding surrounding the general principles of underwriting
- An analytical, careful nature with attention to detail and problem solving abilities
- Maintaining a sound and thorough knowledge of the Property Owners Delegated Authority. Scheme operated by TLD, on behalf of the capacity provider.
- Experience of working under pressure within a demanding environment
- A confident, personable character with the ability to ask probing questions and challenge information
Additional skills identified which are essential to perform this role effectively
- Negotiating skills
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Time Management
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Competitive salary depending on experience, plus company benefits.
If you think you are the perfect candidate for this role, please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com before the closing date of 1st March 2019.
TL Dallas is one of the UK’s leading independent Insurance Broking and Risk Management companies with offices throughout the UK. We have a long and distinguished heritage and have been providing insurance services and solutions since 1919. We believe it is the relationships we have with our clients that allow us to fully understand their insurance requirements and our pursuit of continued service excellence is at the heart of all we do. Our people are key to our success and our values; Trust, Collaboration, Integrity and Commitment are ingrained into the TL Dallas culture and we pride ourselves on providing the very best advice and service to our clients!
For more information on the company visit www.tldallas.comBack to News